Monday, October 10, 2005

Massive infusion of extra cash

The other day I went to open a new deodorant and found that it was a weird brownish color, had a crystallized texture, and smelled rotten. So of course I brought it to work in a ziploc bag and called Colgate to express my concern. A very nice lady had me read her some numbers off the package and was able to determine that my deodorant was about 2 years past its proper shelf life when I bought it. She asked me if I would like a refund, and about 4 days later, an envelope showed up with a check for $2.19 and about $4.00 worth of coupons on many Colgate Palmolive products that I happen to already use! Thank you Colgate!
This and a raise, all in the same week! I'm just overwhelmed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! That's cool- So those numbers are useful to someone then, good to hear

Caitlin said...

Massive infusion indeed!

But you gotta love when companies throw cash at you to buy your love.

2 years past it's sell-by date, huh? That'll teach you to buy your deodorant at the same place you buy your gatorade ;)

congrats on the cash and coups, that's a decent haul for a quick phone call